- It’s been a while since the last weeknote. I’m still here.
- I still have not had a chance to fix the issue with my running data. I think the easiest path will be to integrate with the Strava API instead of Garmin. I'm not sure, however, when I'll realistically be able to do this.
- Running has taken a bit of a back seat this winter. Weather has been a factor but priorities too. Even so, I signed up for the Grand Blue Mile again this year.
- The dog is on prednisone again for her reoccurring sterile panniculitis. This means I'm up 2 or 3 times a night to let her out. She’s hungry all day. We’ll start stepping down the dose again so hopefully that helps.
- I’ve found some great art books on Archive.org. It’s been a great way to preview and read books no longer in print. I've bought a few cheap used copies on eBay that I wanted to spend more time with. Over the last few months I've read the following:
- The Art of Pencil Drawing (Archive.org) by Ernest Watson
- The Watson Drawing Book (Archive.org) by Ernest Watson
- Ernest W. Watson's Sketch Diary (Archive.org) by Ernest Watson
- Other books I've read in the public domain:
- The Practice and Science of Drawing by Harold Speed
- The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
Up nextWeeknote 11/2023